Contribution to the Biogasmax project
The results of the project on the Berne site can be summarized as follows:
- Increase of biogas production and upgrading for use as transport fuel in 70, later 100 city buses, plus taxis and private NGVs.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the performance of the upgrading unit, drawing conclusions on the energy efficiency of the system and the reliability of operation
- Monitoring and operation of the city buses on gas consumption, maintenance, and their respective costs
- Emission control of the engines
- A system like green certificates or labels shall ensure the sale and marketing of green gas
- A report on the possibilities of making use of the biogas potential in the participating sites and an overview of the security of supply on national and European level.
The partners in the project are:
The city companies:
- ewb: Local project coordinator, monitoring, campaigning, collaboration with other local companies, education, technical survey of site construction, operation of filling station
- arabern: Gas production, optimisation and enhancement of gas production, monitoring of the upgrading plant
- BERNMOBIL: Evaluation and introduction of gas buses, operation and maintenance, emission control, evaluation of energy efficiency.
Nova Energie: Contributing project management, national and international coordination, survey of project advancement, technical consultancy